1)”Well, $500,000 a Year Might Sound Like a Lot, but I’m Hardly Rich.”
2)“‘Sure, it’s an objectively large sum of money,’ they say. ‘But it is far smaller after I spend it.’” ahahaha that is funny
3)They think they are saying ”Come on, we’re all in this together! It’s not like I have infinite money.”
4)I think its incredibly insenstive and actually kinda insulting. Like what-her-face Mitt’s wife what did she say. Some thing about being poor at heart? BS YOU ARE WORTH 200 million!
1)”I worked hard to get what I have”
2)”it implies that money earned is a perfect indicator of a person’s value to society — if you’re broke, it must mean you’re a loser who contributes nothing to anyone’s life.”
3)they think they are saying “Im not Paris Hilton! I work 70 hr weeks to make this money”
4) I definatly respect the work that they do, but they also need to realize that alot of people work harder and longer than then for way less money.
1) “If I can do it, so can you!”
2) “You can’t have a society where everyone is an investment banker. And you can’t have a society where you pay six figures to every good policeman, nurse, firefighter, schoolteacher, carpenter, electrician and all of the other ten thousand professions that civilization needs to survive (and that rich people need in order to stay rich).”
3) they think they are saying “This is America! Anyone can make it! Get out there and get rich!”
4) Its the whole idea of the American dream, nice in sentimentality… in actiuallity.. not so reasonable.
1)”You are just jealous because I made it and you didnt”
2)”all of our fucking heroes are millionaires.”
3)They think they are saying “It’s wrong to tear down others instead of improving your own life!”
4) Yah this is pretty annoying. Sure we are jealous… but saying it like that makes it sound petty and stupid and oversimplifys the situation. PLUS all of the famous ppl we love are rich…
1) “You shouldnt be punishing the ones who make this country work”
2)”You didn’t get your job from a poor person, but collectively their money made it happen. Which is just a long way to say the obvious: That rich people don’t make the world go around. It takes everybody.”
3)”If you punish success, society will collapse into communism!”
4)There the implication that all of us underlings are working for the rich man, which is annoying of course, but i dont think they realize what this implies totally or why people get mad about it.
1) “Stop asking for handouts, I never got help form anybody”
2)“I’ve been on food stamps and welfare. Did anybody help me out? No.”
3) They think they are saying “I pulled myself up by my bootstraps!”
4)”I think your parents poured untold resources into your hungry mouth. I think you had a roof over your head that was paid for by other people, I think you went to schools that were built and staffed and paid for by other people, I think you felt safe because the streets were patrolled by other people, I think you drove to your three jobs on roads paved by other people, in a car built by other people and burning oil that was drilled by other people in a nation whose borders were defended by other people.” I love this quote. It pretty much sums up my feelings!